are you feeling like the world is about to end and you need to prepare for the worst? Well, building a bomb shelter can be a good option to ensure your safety in case of a catastrophe. It may sound like a daunting task, but with a step-by-step guide, you can do it like a pro. In this article, we’ll show you how to build a bomb shelter in your backyard, so you can be ready for anything that comes your way.
- Select a Location. The first thing you need to do is find the right spot for your bomb shelter. Look for a location that’s away from your house and other buildings, and preferably underground. You want to make sure it’s easily accessible in case of an emergency, but also hidden from view to avoid unwanted attention.
- Have a Blueprint. Before you start digging, make sure you have a blueprint for your bomb shelter. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but it should include the size, layout, and all the features you want to include. This will help you stay on track and ensure that you’re building a structure that meets your needs.
- Prepare Your Materials. Once you have your blueprint, it’s time to gather your materials. You’ll need tools like shovels, pickaxes, and hammers, as well as building materials like cement blocks, steel beams, and lumber. Make sure you have everything you need before you start digging.
- Clear the Site for Construction. Before you start digging, you need to clear the site of any obstacles. This includes rocks, roots, and other debris that could interfere with your construction. You’ll also need to mark the boundaries of your bomb shelter to ensure that you stay within the designated area.
- Start Digging. Now comes the fun part – digging. Use your shovels and pickaxes to excavate the ground and create the space for your bomb shelter. Be sure to follow your blueprint and create the appropriate depth and width for your shelter.
- Create an Emergency Exit. Your bomb shelter should have an emergency exit in case the main entrance is blocked. Dig a secondary tunnel that leads out of the shelter and make sure it’s easily accessible from inside.
- Create the Main Entrance. The main entrance should be sturdy and secure, with a door that can be locked from the inside. Use cement blocks or steel beams to create a strong entrance that can withstand any pressure or impact.
- Build the Roof. After you’ve created the structure of your bomb shelter, it’s time to build the roof. Use steel or reinforced concrete to create a strong and durable roof that can protect you from any debris or radiation.
- Add Roof to the Entryway. Don’t forget to add a roof to the entryway as well. This will help protect the entrance from any debris or fallout.
- Protect the Logs. To ensure that your bomb shelter is secure and stable, you’ll need to protect the logs that support the structure. Use concrete or steel reinforcements to keep the logs in place and prevent any shifting or collapse.
- Cover up the Logs. Once the logs are protected, you can cover them up with insulation and plywood to create a finished look.
- Set Up a Ventilation Pump. Proper ventilation is essential in a bomb shelter to ensure that you have clean air to breathe. Install a ventilation pump to circulate fresh air into the shelter and remove any harmful fumes or gases.
- Install a Toilet. You’ll need a toilet in your bomb shelter, so make sure to install one that’s properly vented and equipped with a septic tank. You don’t want to have to leave your shelter to take care of business.
- Build Furniture. Now that the structure is complete, you can start building furniture for your bomb shelter. Keep it simple and functional, with items like bunk beds, shelves, and a table and chairs. You’ll want to make sure you have enough space to sleep, store your supplies, and live comfortably.
- Keep Stocks of Your Daily Necessities. Finally, make sure you have plenty of supplies stocked up in your bomb shelter. This includes food, water, medicine, and other essential items you’ll need to survive for an extended period. You don’t want to be caught without the basics in case of an emergency.
Building a bomb shelter may seem like a daunting task, but with a little planning and preparation, you can do it like a pro.
Just remember to take it to step by step and follow your blueprint to ensure that you’re building a safe and secure shelter.
It’s always better to be prepared for the worst, and building a bomb shelter can give you peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones are safe and protected in case of a catastrophe. So go ahead, grab your tools, and get started on building your very own bomb shelter.